Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A 2nd Chance

Written June 4, 2009

Damn..!!!
even after all this time
you still appeal to me
physically
mentally
spiritually
beautiful
black
man
you are
the epitome
its a good look..
most definitely
youre on ya game
bout ya bizness
you "doin you"
but the better look
would be
you "doin me"
you see,
once again
Ive fallen..
like the season-
when the leaves
part from the tree
I want you
all for me
selfishly
dont wanna step on toes
but we've got history
like Cleopatra
and Anthony
Ossie Davis
and Ruby Dee
black luv
equates to
you and me
not you and she
I know mami' luvs you
her sentiment is sweet as tea
but she has one deficiency
she's no "me"
im a dime
and she's a sixpence
...and thats on a good day!
which means
at best
she's a "3+3"
excuse my frankness
but you know me
not bein rude
jus speakin what i see
and not jus speakin
figuratively
or literally
im speakin full spectrum
whole picture
360
you can do better
you should be with
the female equivalent
of yourself
(because greatness begets greatness)
and thats me
together
we'd be
black royalty
only thing between us
would be a wealth of knowledge, luv and prosperity
helping one another get to the place
where we each strive to be
continuously
creating
a better you
a better me
therefore
a stronger "we"
I see it crystal clear
20/20
our reality
could be others fantasy
if only given the opportunity
so I pose the question....
"how do you feel about givin a second chance
to you and me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment