Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Ode to the Village

Written November 8, 2009

so many fine men
FINE MEN!!,
I see
lookin good
talkin good
sayin all the right words
to me
eyes glued
cause seein a man
eloquently communicate w/ words
is a beautiful sight to see
...at least to me
the physical feels good
but Id rather be fucked
intellectually
take me to the depths
til ya knowledge flows free
take me to the heights
so into ya mind,
I see
smell, touch, taste
the whole of your mentality
aiming high
keepin my
eyes to the sky
transfixed
watchin that incredible Sparrow fly
beautiful use of words
nouns, adjectives, and adverbs
speakin to my feminine sensibilities
til somethin deep inside me stirs
deep inside me purrs
beautiful paintings,
painted jus wit words
got me lookin so deep into the picture
that the picture blurs
which is more than I deserve
Im here to get betta
Im jus a novice
so I observe
watch and listen
decipherin the depictions
followin,..but sometimes missin
the green light,
gettin lost beyond the curve
and its funny
cause this is jus off the shit
yall got in reserve..!!
but Im good
blessed that this community flourishes
so that I, one day, could
get betta, more cleva
w/out bein misunderstood
so fellas..,
AND queens,
ALL my beautiful black bellas
I appreciate ya skills
cause ya words are real
and the effect of their impact is beyond measure
so if you'll have me
it would be my absolute pleasure..
to call yall my case workers
this beautiful art of speech
serve as my work release
and have the Artist Village be my self imposed tether

No comments:

Post a Comment