Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Survivor's Story

Written June 17, 2010

my heart was an open wound
which, due to your gesture
was to decay and fester
leaving only a skeleton
-remnants in luv's tomb-
there was no peace,
no sweet release,
from the dead elephant inside the room
jus the lingerin stench of luv lost
and deceased
..a toxic, necrotic perfume..
so unfortunate
this escapade,
put into motion
by your heart of jade,
made my luv's lyfe light
fade to shade
like dusk's warm glow on evenins in June
ironically
the debt that was sacrificially paid
-when i gave you my heart
and you gave it your blade-
purchased future immunity
from infectious wounds to be made
slowly but surely
returning to myself
regaining my emotional, physical, and spiritual health
I cashed/ (cast) you out,
..almost cost me everything..
but yet and still..
I have my wealth
youve dropped off my radar
and its not bcuz you engaged your stealth
I let you go
ended that show
it wasnt my time
and I wasnt gonna let you
kill me slow
removed your fangs
from my arterial flow
im past your bullshit
fuck a luv thats counterfeit
headin in a new direction thats legit
and "Roger That..all systems GO!"
so now im free
with a new found ability to see
the likes of your kind
and others unworthy of me
you were the kiss of death
but miraculously
I survived your injury
IM PURGED OF THEE!
..finally..
a survivor's story
ghost written by you
edited and adopted by me

1 comment: