Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Worth The Wait

Written June 17, 2010


I get approached on a regular
too many dudes to name,
but Im benchin myself
cuz Ive already been hurt
too many times in the game,
shit's always the same,
in the beginning they luv my freedom of thought
but they always eventually try to tame
..by tryin to break my spirit
so that my mind and heart would be in chains,
but we aint 'upstate'
my freedom doesnt take a break
had to ice that ass;
frost that cake,
got a taste of it,
realized I couldnt fuck wit it,
so I tossed the plate,
..but sometimes my heart's on that platter,
and SOMETIMES when that platter DOES shatter,
as a consequence
of momentarily lackin sense,
SOMETIMES my heart DOES break,
over the bullshit and possibilities
of the "what could be"s
that I chose to forsake
..sometimes..
in my mind, I debate
..whats at stake IS worth the wait..
(?)
..RIGHT?!?..
I mean,.. the time it takes
to grace upon a proper and personalized mate
could be many years,
plus a fortnight
..so I might as well date..(?)
conclusion:
............
..Im str8..
Im willin to take my time,
willing to further evolve my mind,
willin to luv myself and shine,
til that moment sublime,
when I am he
and he is I,
and in the skyy
all things align,
wish I could fast forward thru time,
but I'll patiently wait in line,
bcuz the line of women that Im from
and the one I'll become,
is definitely worth waitin for mine

No comments:

Post a Comment