Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cardiac Arrest

Written April 7, 2010

you left my heart
H.E.A.V.Y.,
misused,
uncared for,
til it broke like NOLA's levee
remedy in a pinch
patch work fix
you purse your lips
..kiss it to make it better..
that usually does the trick
...usually...
revives the spark
but apparently,
youve watered down and simplified
the QRS complex of my heart
no lyfeline
you single-handedly robbed my most vital organ
of its self sustaining desire to restart
to renew
its grown weak as a result
of all the bullshit its had to endure with you
damn near killed itself tryin to
sustain lyfe for two
your selfish ass
luved my selfless ass
for all the selfless shit I'd naturally do
..selflessly gave..
..selflessly paid..
..selflessly saved..
in the name of "Us"
while you gave..?
WHAT?!!?
stress
heartache
and mounting feelins of mistrust
with me,
faithful to you,
all the while you succumb to your lust
at one time,
my heart drew strength from my luv for you,
now,
its only weakened with disgust
for your lack of commitment
and lack of concern
left fatally wounded to the third degree
no Milk Of Magnesia could pacify my agonizing heart burn
..so..
broken and luvless...
accelerated the rapid onset
of acute cardiac arrest
...
b.u.t.
...
before my last breath
at least,
I reached the point of no return
having LEARNED
from my heart's regret

No comments:

Post a Comment